Monday, December 12, 2011

Dexter Downfall

Dexter used to be a good show, a show I looked forward to watching every week, a show that kept me on the edge of my seat. The first two seasons were extraordinarily entertaining. Season four was thrilling. Even the much maligned season five had its redeeming factors.

But Dexter Season 6 just went to an irredeemably bad place, and I don't know if I can forgive the show for it. This season has already been horrendous, but this episode, the writers took my favorite (and possibly the only interesting) relationship in the show: Dexter and Debra as brother and sister and FUCKED THAT SHIT UP.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Debra is wondering whether she is in love with Dexter. This isn't Cersei and Jamie Lannister, of course -- they are not biological siblings. But . . . why d'you have to go there? They are BROTHER AND SISTER.

Arrrrrhghghghghg.

No comments: